Terms and Conditions for the Old Stable and Zingaro Wagon
When you submit a booking via our web site online reservation system you will receive an automatically generated booking summary by email to the email address you provide in the booking form. This does not form a contract between us. A contract will only arise when your booking is subsequently confirmed by email. The contract will be subject to these terms and conditions and must be compiled with. All payments payable to C Nielson and Son Ltd.
Your full payment will be due one week prior to your stay and must be paid into our account before your date of arrival. We will email an invoice to you and payment options can be found on your invoice. Payments can be paid by bank transfer, PayPal, debit/credit card online or by phone, and by cheque.
If no payment prior to your arrival date we reserve the right to cancel our booking.
Bed linen, towels, tea towels, Wi-Fi, electricity and heating is included in your price.
If you make a booking via another web site, for example Airbnb, you will be bound by their terms and conditions.
We do not take a damage deposit, but do ask for any breakages or damage to be notified as soon as possible and payments may be asked for replacements.
All cancellations must be notified by telephone followed by a letter/email in writing.
If cancellation is made after final payment is received, we will endeavour to re-let the property. If successful, the final payment will be refunded less a £30 administration fee. If we are unable to re-let the property, you are liable for the full balance outstanding. Cancellation insurance is strongly recommended, along with a comprehensive travel policy, which should provide full cover for the party’s personal belongings etc.
Non-Availability of Property
If for any reason beyond our control, for example fire damage, the property is not available on the date booked, we will try to offer you alternative accommodation, but if unsuccessful, all monies will be refunded in full and we will not be liable for any further claims.
Arrival and Departure
The Old Stable Holiday Apartments will be available for occupancy from 6-9pm on the day of arrival, unless otherwise arranged, and should be vacated by 10.00am on the day of departure. If you are arriving after 9pm (2100 hrs) please inform us by telephone.
Guest Numbers and Children
The rental is for a maximum of 2 people in The Hayloft and 3 people (Up to 3 adults or 2 adults and 2 children) in The Shippon. Zingaro Wagon can accommodate 2 adults or a small family with up to 2 small children and and these are not to be exceeded. Overnight guests are not permitted without express permission of the owner. Any invitation given to unauthorised additional overnight visitors will result in the guest's credit card being charged an additional £80.
Children over the age of 10 years are welcome in The Hayloft and The Shippon and all children (not suitable for infants) in Zingaro Wagon.
No pets are allowed in either apartment or Zingaro Wagon, as we have pets of our own at the property.
No smoking is allowed in any of the properties at any time.
What do if you you suspect that one of your party is showing Covid-19 symptoms.
The NHS web site advises;
If you have any of the main symptoms of coronavirus (COVID-19), you must stay at home (self-isolate) and get a test.
The main symptoms of coronavirus are:
- a high temperature – this means you feel hot to touch on your chest or back (you do not need to measure your temperature)
- a new, continuous cough – this means coughing a lot for more than an hour, or 3 or more coughing episodes in 24 hours (if you usually have a cough, it may be worse than usual)
- a loss or change to your sense of smell or taste – this means you've noticed you cannot smell or taste anything, or things smell or taste different to normal
- Most people with coronavirus have at least 1 of these symptoms.
What to do if you have symptoms
If you have any of the main symptoms of coronavirus:
- Get a Covid-19 test – get a test to check as soon as you can, this needs to be whilst you are staying in the holiday property (unless you decide to book a test immediately nearer your home and depart straight away). Book a test online and once you enter your post code you will be given the nearest test centre to you. This could be a mobile unit, but is most likely to be Exeter. Anyone you live with, and anyone in your support bubble, should also get a test if they have symptoms. Tests usually take 1-2 days to confirm if you have Covid-19 or not.
- Inform the property owner, Jill, as soon as you suspect symptoms and self isolate and let Jill of the test results as soon as you have them.
- If your test confirms that you have contracted Covid-19 return home immediately and self-isolate – then do not leave your home or have visitors. Anyone you live with, and anyone in your support bubble, must also self-isolate.
- Guests will be asked to pay for all affected bookings if they remain in the property if the affected guests' condition is not life threatening. You need to make plans to return home to help reduce viral spread and cancellations for future guests.
- Make sure the property is clean and tidy prior to your departure.
- Make sure all used kitchen utensils, crockery and cutlery are thoroughly cleaned.
- Strip the bed and put all bedding and towels into the bag we will provide for you.
- Check you have left nothing behind.
Use the NHS 111 online coronavirus service if:
1) You're worried about your symptoms
2) You're not sure what to do
What do if you cannot leave to return home:
1) Ring 999 only if you consider the situation as an emergency
2) This action must only be taken in an emergency and there are life threatening symptoms. You MUST return home in all other circumstances.
If there should be cause for complaint about your property during your stay the matter should be taken up with the owner immediately. It is important to bring any concern to our attention at once, so that we can take action as soon as possible. In no circumstances will we consider compensation for complaints raised after your holiday has ended, if you have not given the owner the opportunity of investigating the complaint and the chance settle matters during your stay. If you have any concerns we need to know during your stay so that we can put matters right.
You are responsible for the property during your stay, and it should be left in the clean and tidy condition when you leave as you found it on at your arrival, with all furniture, fixtures, fittings and effects remaining in the property. All rubbish should be cleared and left in the appropriate places. Dustbins and a recycling box can be found by the garden gate into the owners back garden.
Care should be taken over security, with windows all being properly closed and doors locked whenever the property is left empty.
Please be considerate and do not cause an annoyance or nuisance to guests in the other properties. We ask visitors in The Old Stable to respect a quiet time from 10pm to 7am as the apartments are in close proximity to each other. Loud noise can travel and make it unpleasant for other guests, especially the television, and we ask for the volume to be 12 or less during the quiet time. You will be asked to leave, without refund, if you are drunk or acting in a way that causes a nuisance to other guests.
Privacy and Information:
Under The General Data Protection Regulation 2018 (GDPR 2018), all personal and other information and details collected by us or on behalf of us by Supercontrol (our online booking and management system) via our online booking application, will not be disclosed to any third party except in relation to any legal obligations required by law such as under The Immigration (Hotel Records) Order 1972.
Your booking information (the contact details you provide us with for your booking) is stored on the Supercontrol database but is only accessible by Supercontrol and ourselves as owners and managers of The Old Stable for the purpose of administrating your booking. Access controls, logging and encryption are in place to ensure the ongoing security of information entrusted to Supercontrol, and we are required by law to keep the information confidential. We also maintain an email account and store guest emails and email address for our future records.
Our own website www.theoldstabledevon.uk via Promote My Place and our online booking facility Supercontrol is HTTP Secure to offer you further protection whilst browsing our website or booking online.
We keep a record of names and email addresses from guests who make bookings with us and from any accommodation enquiries so that we may contact you occasionally about any offers/news at The Old Stable. We use SendinBlue to deliver these emails to you and only your name and email address is stored securely. We will not sell, trade, or transfer your details to third parties. Any e-mail marketing we carry out will always allow you to unsubscribe from the mailing list, and you can contact us anytime to unsubscribe. You can contact us to ask us what information we hold about you. You can request that this information is deleted. When we cease trading all information will be destroyed or will be transferred to the new proprietor who will be bound by the same GDPR Privacy laws.